Buffalo State Forensic Advisory Committee
The Buffalo State Forensic Advisory Committee is a group of forensic practitioners and educators who are dedicated to advancing forensic science and to preparing the next generation of students for a career in forensic science. To accomplish these goals, the group will advise Buffalo State faculty on trends in the field of forensics, best-practices in laboratories, and matters that will aid Buffalo State students be prepared for and develop a career in forensic science. The group will also serve as a source of professional development for all its members by sharing ideas, providing technical advice and assistance, and coordinating activities that will further the quality of services and excellence of procedures provided in Western New York forensic laboratories.
1. Personnel from the Erie County Central Police Services Laboratory.
2. Personnel from the Niagara County Sheriff’s Office Forensic Laboratory.
3. Personnel from the Erie County Medical Examiner’s Toxicology Lab.
4. The Chair of the Chemistry Department of SUNY Buffalo State
5. The Forensic Coordinator and forensic science faculty from SUNY Buffalo State
6. Retired administrators and forensic lab personnel with an interest in education
Current Commiittee Members (Fall 2018)
Kori Gawrys, Director of Niagara County Forensic Lab
Christine Giffin, Chief Toxicologist, Erie Co. Medical Examiner’s Office
Scott Goodman, Department Chair, member of the Forensic Committee, Buffalo State
Tom Grill, Erie County Forensic Lab
Ken Jonmaire, former Director of Niagara County Crime Lab and former Forensic Program Coordinator at Buffalo State
Jamie Kim, member of the Forensic Committee, Graduate Coordinator, Buffalo State
Cody McKellar, Erie County Forensic Lab
Doug Ridolfi, Forensic Program Coordinator, Buffalo State
Michelli Schmitz, Director of Erie County Forensic Lab
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.